Thursday, June 3, 2010

WA-Sen: Benton Bows Out

State Sen. Don Benton (R) dropped out of the Washington Senate race today, endorsing Dino Rossi for the GOP nomination.

He cited that Rossi, who just reported raising $600,000 in the week since he announced his candidacy, would be the strongest general election candidate against Sen. Patty Murray (D):

"Patty Murray has six million special interest dollars in the bank. To defeat her, we must consolidate our resources, and work together to put our country back on the right track. Therefore, since this campaign has never been about me, I have decided to do what is best for my country, my party, and my fellow Washingtonians: I am stepping aside to endorse Dino Rossi," Benton said.

Rossi has become the overwhelming favorite for the GOP nomination, facing only token competition from former NFL player Clint Didier (who is backed by Sarah Palin) and businessman Paul Akers.

No comments:

Post a Comment